Presbyterian Women Of Covenant
At Covenant Presbyterian Church, our service is missions. We serve several mission programs throughout the year. Two Circle Groups meet monthly for Bible Study:
- Our Morning Circle meets at Covenant at 11:00 am on the 2nd Tuesdays of each month.
- Our Evening Circle meets at the church at 5 P.M. on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- Forgiven And Freed By God In Jesus Christ
Forgiven and freed by grace through faith, the central figure stands in praise.
- And Empowered By The Holy Spirit, We Commit Ourselves
Rooted in faith, the trio of women emerge. The outline of the central figure forms a cross. We are Presbyterian Women, engrafted in Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. It is no longer we who live, but Christ who lives in us.
- To Nurture Our Faith Through Prayer And Bible Study
The right figure holds a book to guide her reading, studying, praying, or meditating.
- To Support The Mission Of The Church Worldwide
The left figure reaches out to care for others, as she shares, nurtures, and heals. The circle represents the church worldwide where women offer their gifts and talents in the midst of the global community.
- To Work For Justice And Peace
The uplifted arms of the central figure reach out to embrace a just peace for the world. The relationship between the three figures depicts lives of wholeness rather than turmoil.
- And To Build An Inclusive, Caring, Community Of Women
The three women have no distinct features and represent all women. The shapes surrounding them express energy, strength, and openness
For more information, about the Presbyterian Women of Eastern
click here to go to theofficial website.
Our name, Presbyterian Women, ties us to our denomination. The Bible resembles the Bible depicted in the PC(USA) Seal.
And Witnesses To The Promise Of God’s Kingdom
Guided by the four parts of our purpose, Presbyterian Women witnesses to the reality of God’s present realm.
- Helen Lewis, Secretary
- Helen Lewis, Treasurer
- Edith Sampson, Historian